Friday, November 13, 2009

A Self Portrait Of Sorts

Over at Project 52 they have a multi medium challenge going on. This is my take on it.
I made the paper mache bird. I used a ceramic piece as my mold and then cut it in half, pulled it off then mended it back together. Used Coffee Shop and Candlelight Glimmer Mist. Then a pale yellow acrylic paint. Mixed black paint and Coffee Shop mist for the details on the wings.

Made a birds nest out of Wool fiber, twine, wire and grass. Made the stand out of wooden thread spools, and a plastic lid. distressing them with crackle paint. Then of course I added Prima flowers and pearls.

The tags say; mom, wife, friend, art, and of course God. I needed a found item I used the cross charm as my found item. I made the bird to show how staying home with my kids again makes me feel nurturing again :)and the craftiness of birds and their nest represents my artistic side.






I made another book as well :) This one was made out of a Dictionary


Thank you for stopping by :) How you liked my projects. :) Sorry I've been MIA Hugs Everybody !!! Have a wonderful weekend.

11 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness Girlie....I love these projects!!!! How awesome.....just love the birdie!! These scream elegant.....and that is just what you are...ELEGANT!!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I like your projects???????
    I ADORE them!!!! That bird is just perfect!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!! A piece of art!!
    And that book???? Just gorgeous!!!!
    So, do I like your projects, you think?? Lol

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bird is just so beautiful, so detailed, and so wellmade. You are one talented mixed media artist!!! I always love to see what you create for the challenges - your use of mists, flowers, and other embellishments is so inspiring! I also did the BG challenge but was really short on time so I did a quickie (still that paper mache took all day. LOL) I love your altered book also. What are your fav colors of glimmer mist? Since you use it a lot in your creations, I would like to know which colors you find most useful. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their both beautiful. The bird is truly stunning, really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, you need to submit to somerset. i don't know if they have a challenge this will fit, but, it needs to be published.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bird is just amazing....Isn't it wonderful to be able to serve God and stay at home with our kids.....It is a wonderful world we live in even amidst all the junk around us....So love your projects. You are just an inspiration and you make all my creative juices bubble up inside...LOL. Hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. freakinohmycrapthatisjustsick.
    i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously....when u gonna open a store and sell your soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing creations???? cuz julie needs to own a 'jamie original'....period....end of discussion... lol... loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the book and that bird...wow wow wow wow wow....i soooooooooooooooooooooo wish i had your amazing talent! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bird is adorable!!! I love the cameo too!!! The flowers and pearls and everything is just perfect!!!

    and yay for another book!!! So fun!
    Yay Jamie!!!
    xoxo,
    ja

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am speechless Jamie....FABULOUS WORK!!! You inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, wow, triple wow. I love what you did with the dictionary! So cool! and of couse the nest freaking rocks.

    ReplyDelete