Thursday, March 12, 2015

Bloom Girl Floral Decor with Carisa


Hi everyone! Carisa here with you today and I want to share a fun and easy way to add custom art pieces around your house using the Prima Marketing, Inc. Bloom Collection by Jamie Dougherty with embroidery hoops! I used the Floral stamp on my project today.


First you are going to need some supplies. I used the Floral stamp from the Bloom Collection. I had some pieces of muslin that I primed with Golden Absorbant Ground in white to accept the water based mediums I was going to use to color the fabric. To add color, I used Imagine Crafts Fireworks! Sprays but you can use any type of sprays or mists that you have. I also used Versafine Onyx Black ink because it is a permanent ink but again you can use any permanent inks you have for this project.


First I traced an outline of the embroidery hoop onto the muslin fabric so I would know where to place my colors and stamps. Then I sprayed my fabric with three different colors to give a nice blend. I heat set that or you can let air dry (I'm kinda impatient. haha)



For two of the panels, I wanted to mute the colors so I took a stencil and created some circles with some white ink just to soften it a bit. In my mind, I wanted a bokah effect but it didn't quite turn out that way but I do love how the ink softened the bright colors so I was happy.


Next, I stamped my flowers on to each of the panels using just the smaller stamp on the outside hoops and the larger and smaller on the center piece.


Before embellishing with some Imagine Crafts Amplify I placed the fabric into the hoops and tightened the fabric. This made it a lot easier to add the outline as well as the sequins and gold mica flakes by Golden.



I also added a sentiment using some stickers in my stash. I really love how these turned out and think it is a simple way to add some pretty home decor pieces around your house or they would even make great gifts for friends and family! I hope you enjoyed my post today.

Prima Products Used:
Bloom Floral Stamp item #980313

Other products used:
Muslin
Embroidery Hoops
Golden Absorbant Ground - White
Imagine Crafts Fireworks Sprays - Angel Pink, Lady Bug, Dandelion
Imagine Crafts Amplify - Electric Orange, Electric Yellow, White
Imagine Crafts irRISISTible Pico Embellisher - Tuxedo Black
Golden Gold Mica Flakes

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Carisa! Both turned out amazing and I love that Gold Mica and how much shimmer it adds. Perfect gifts for friends and family, too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic they turned out do beautiful!

    ReplyDelete