Bloom Girl Stephanie here with you and I'm thrilled to show you this creation today, as it made me go way out of my comfort zone, and I loved the experience! I have been turning this concept of card in my head for quite a while now, and then, it hit me: watercolours, alcohol markers, and an epic sentiment to focus on. Not to mention a gorgeous floral stamp!
Here's what you need to create this card:
Colouring medium and ink (I used Copic markers and Memento Tuxedo Black ink)
Bloom cling stamp - Floral
Bloom cling stamp - Sentiment from Lacie's set
Distress inks or your favourite watercolouring products
Scott towels or any sponging paper
Mixed media paper
Foam tab adhesives
Kraft and black cardstock
- Start by cutting a 4"x6" piece of mixed media cardstock.
- With your brush, add water on your cardstock, carefully trying not to go too far near the edges.
- Again with using your wet brush, dab some ink and transfer onto the watered surface of your cardstock. You should see the water reacting immediately.
- Add more ink of the same colour for intensity, or change colours and repeat the step onto other parts of your cardstock.
- Gently sprinkle water with your brush over the full piece, and sponge with your scott towel. Let everything dry completely.This will create "blank" spots, increasing the watercolour effect.
- Stamp your flower onto regular colouring cardstock and colour it.
- Stamp sentiment onto cardstock, separate and cut words.
- Once your mixed media piece is dry enough, glue to a 4-3/16"x6-3/16" of black cardstock, mounting both on 4-3/8"x6-3/8" cardbase of kraft cardstock.
- Put foam tab adhesives behind your flower image and some sentiment pieces, mount onto mixed media cardstock. Put regular adhesive on the pieces that are left.
The process of this card was pretty easy, so you should be able to overflow our facebook group with your inspiration, too!