Wednesday, December 8, 2010

This Month With Tattered Angels

This month with Tattered Angels, we have working with all of the great paint products Tattered Angels provides and using it on glass. So many different possibilities when using these two mediums together. Here are a few.

On my first project I decided to alter a mason jar to hold votive candles. I dabbed on Glimmer Glaze (Cowboy,Flirty) with the same applicator as you would use on alcohol ink. (Felt) The Glimmer Chip owl was altered with Glimmer Glam as well. The Glaze creates a translucent shimmery color. The warm colors blend well with my Christmas Decorations. :)


Next project is this fun mirror I made for Karlie. Just a little reminder when she peeks into it. How special she really is.

I first masked off my heart shape with tape. Then painted over the mirror with Glimmer Glam (Bordeaux) Once that was dry I splattered it with Chalkboard Spray (Strawberry Shortcake) and heat set it with my heat gun. The wood frame was painted with the Bordeaux Glimmer Glam and sprayed with Pinecone Glimmer Mist. I drew on my frame and filled the empty spaces with Glimmer Glaze (Flirty) The flowers were altered with Pinecone and Tuttie Fruiti Glimmer Mist. The black pen I used to outline the hearts was an Elmers Painters Pen.


For my last project I decided to recycle a picture frame to create a piece of stained glass. I took the backing off and glued the glass into the frame. I used Gallery Glass Simulated Liquid Leading and drew out my design. Tip: You can print out a design or draw your own and set it under your piece of glass and trace over the top of it.

Once the Liquid leading was dry I heavily painted in the open spaces with Glimmer Glaze (Midnight Rendezvous,Flirty,Emerald Cove) Easy project and gift for Christmas.


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I do appreciate your comments :) Hugs everyone.

Jamie

8 comments:

  1. fantastic projects! I LOVE the last one, so festive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects. I love what you did with the mason jar. The owl is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic projects - you always have such original ideas and execute them beautifully - really love the mirror you made for Karly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are GORGEOUS Jamie!! You are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love your ideas!
    You did great - loads of inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice glimmer and glaze action going on glass, thanks for sharing your creative inspiration.

    ReplyDelete