Friday, June 1, 2012

Book Related

   I know this isn't scrapbook or art related but as some of you may know I am also an indie author--I independently publish my own books. There is a large number of authors out there that have decided to go this route and I feel it fits my creative mindset a lot better than being confined and controlled by a publishing company. Hey don't get me wrong, if I had the money and means to send my work out to a hundred or so publishing companies I would. But the odds are slim that my work would even see the light of day that or someone would decide my book needed to be rewritten ten times before THEY saw it fit to sell. I'll be honest my first book I have out is rough and I mean really rough. but it's an enjoyable story(or so I've heard) to read. I plan to go back and do a rewrite on it but I had to start somewhere. With my second book I was grateful enough to have a friend offer to proofread and edit it for me. It is very costly to hire an editor... remember that part I wrote about money? Yep not enough. So to have someone generous enough to take a look at it is huge. I don't think a lot of book reviewers realize how much time and money it takes to write and publish a book, I think if they did they wouldn't be quite so critical.  
  Today I just released my second novel "The Guardian's Soul", the series is set in the Paranormal Romance / Fantasy Genres. Here are the two books in the series currently available in eReader format. The first book, "The Guardian's Kiss" is also available in paperback as well. 






   

Here are a few reviews on the series.

The Guardian's Kiss

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
 A great read! April 2, 2012
Format:Kindle Edition
When a deadly virus infects Samantha's twin sister, she is thrust into a world that she didn't know existed. However, Samantha has a secret which she has kept for most of her life. When they are rescued by a handsome soldier, Trent, Samantha senses that she can trust him. Trent has a secret too; He is Samantha's guardian angel. Will her destiny take her down a path to save the human race, or will it be too late?

I've only given this a 4 rating because this story intrigued me, but it also confused me. I wasn't sure what genre this was meant to be. At first I thought it was a romance, but when I found out that the deadly virus was actually turning people into man-eating zombies, I came to the conclusion that maybe it was a horror. However, as I read the story, I found out it was much more. There was a whole mixture of things going on. There was action, terrifying monsters, angels and demons. Most of all, there was a love story woven through out.
Samantha is a doctor, but she has special powers, which seem to make her immune to the virus. It is only later in the book she finds out where her powers are derived from.
Trent is her guardian angel, but he finds himself falling in love with her.
This is an amazing story that has a shocking conclusion. I was totally blown away by it! I would like to know what happens next, and I hope that Jamie is writing the second part of this story! I recommend this story if you love reading about angels, demons and zombies

*************

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
 The Guardian's Kiss August 31, 2011
By Tee
Format:Kindle Edition
Warning: This book is Hellified and Heavenified!

My Rating: 5 of 5

Book Trailer Link:[...]

My Cover Thoughts: A beautiful white feather just resting there waiting for it to be noticed.

My Thoughts/Review: Okay so let me start out by saying I am in LOVE with this series and I could not put this book down. I have read a lot of books about Angels and Demons but I have NEVER read a story line quite like this.
The story starts out with a beautiful introduction by an SWOON worthy man and continues with the story line of Fallen Angels and Angels that are Guardian Angel's that are trying to save mankind from Zombies.

Sam is your ordinary girl who is a doctor working in an ER and has a twin sister who she shares everything with and they have another sister who is a kindergarten teacher. This close family has lost their parents so all they have left is each other and will do everything in their power to stay together. Things get a little crazy when a mysterious disease or virus hits their town and everyone is infected. They are hauled of to a military base where they can quarantine and checked on to make sure the virus has not reached them.

Once there Sam realizes that there is more to this virus than anyone is letting on and she wants to know what is going on and how long she will have to be in hiding at the base. She will get her answers and more but is she ready for the truth? Only time can tell.

I do not want to give to much away but I will say this if you want action pack, and fast pace this is the book to read. There is love between people that should not have happened and then there is love that people have that is not reciprocated but that does not stop the person from loving the other. And last but not least there are some AWESOME love scenes that are hot and heavy and a little X-rated for teens under 17.
With all that said what are you waiting for, go out there and get your copy at [...], I promise you, you will not be disappointed! I know I was not and I can't wait to read the Second book The Guardian's Soul!

Memorable Quotes: Page 127-128 Sam talking to her sister Babs
By Barbra's stance I knew it was H.B. "Is he ok?" I was afraid of the answer. "Did he sacrifice himself for me?"
"He finally returned to his body, and by the looks of it, he should be fine. The stab wound-"

"Stab wound!" I screamed, "What stab wound, what happened?"

"Well, you didn't think he just hailed a cab to Hell, did you?

He had to perform a ritual and sacrifice to get there. He's now officially a Guide, but it doesn't look like he gets many perks for being one. He's in his coyote form now trying to heal." I could see the tears form in her blue eyes. "I didn't know if I would see either one of you Sam. And when you came back, at first, he didn't."

"I know, I felt his soul hovering, unsure of where to return to." I walked over to Barbra and pulled her into my arms. My hands caressing her blush colored wings. "He'll be okay Babs,and I feel like I will be too. I just needed you to come here so I could tell you that and that Dricus was not the one who harmed me."

Advice: This book is AMAZING! A must read for everyone who loves angels, demons, and Zombies!

*********

The Guardian's Soul

's review 
May 29, 12

5 of 5 stars false
Read from May 17 to 29, 2012

Hea y'all Anne here and I was given an ARC copy of Guardian's Soul and OMG am I so glad I've gotten a chance to read this because the wait was agonizing but so so so worth it.. I still stand by my phrase and say Angels, Shifters, and Zombies OH MY!! I love Jamie's books, she just keeps giving you enough drama and excitement to hook you and dangle you on her line then once she has you in enough she jerks the line and sets thee hook. Your done!!! I cried, I laughed, I almost snapped my reader in half. I also sent messages to the author in the middle of the night saying " OMG no you didn't".. I loved seeing all the characters come back but here's the grabber the changes in some of the characters are amazing!! I was like what the hell but then after I read it for a little while, I was oh this so works. I really loved book 1 so it was such a added plus when I instantly loved book 2, and let me tell ya why. The gripping dramatic dangerous enticement picks up like the book never closed!! The characters are in for another ride of their lives with new twists and turns that will shock and amaze even the newest readers..Sam and Babs are funnier than ever, continuing their crazy antics and constant undermining of the men to start trouble. Dricus, Hippa, and Hatch are going crazy trying to keep the girls safe especially Sam who uses her amazing gifts to save what she can of the eaters, returning them to human. New characters are brought into play while a chosen few have role reversal, the best part is how well Jamie made those role switches work for the story. Friends become enemies and old flames show back up asking for to much. New passions are stoked while old bonds are tested and stretched to the utter limits only to find the ugly unwashed truth. Sometimes you can't have what you want in life but sometimes something better comes along and changes your whole world for the better. The whole time the characters play out these amazing and gripping scenes back stories are building and fanning further dealings for our characters, using the multiple stories working together builds a complex and complete book. Not one detail is missing, not one bit of info is left unsaid or untold, and by the end of this book I guarantee you will be holding your head saying Oh My Gawd NO!!!! because I know I was. I thoroughly love Jamie's books and can't wait for anymore she writes because she has a talent that just sucks you into her worlds and keeps you there watching even in the awful moments to see who comes out and what happens to our loved characters. 5 out of 5 stars for Guardian's Soul book 2 in the Samantha Brand Series and I can't wait for book 3 I hope and any other books Jamie ever writes....

's review 
Apr 14, 12

5 of 5 stars false
Read in April, 2012

I received an ARC copy of this book, I flew through it! I laughed, cried, screamed, lol! I have so much to say but won't ruin the book for you guys. It was a great read that I think you will all enjoy! Be patient, it should be available soon!

Great job Jamie, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!


Now off to edit The Guardian's Kiss, since it didn't get done the first time ;) I also have two books set to release later this year. One Young Adult paranormal and one adult paranormal . Visit me on my Goodreads Author Page to check out everything coming up.

TGIF and Happy Reading!!

Jamie D.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome Jamie...I now have the ipad set up with Kindle So I will definitely be reading!! Cant't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do...if money weren't a problem for any of us, the stuff we would accomplish right!? I did buy the Guardians Kiss for my Nook but am waiting till vacation to read it. Still don't know how you multitask so well :)

    ReplyDelete