Monday, July 30, 2012

Painting with Masking Tape...

I had a wild hair this weekend and wanted to try something different. I love the clean lines you get when you paint with masking tape so I thought why not give a original design a go. I have this crush on wood lately and I hate when paint runs in the grain of the wood sometimes. So...I HAD to try out the tape. Here is what I came up with...



Supplies: Piece of Beech wood 1'x2' that I got at Michaels Crafts, black spray paint by Krylon, Yellow and pink spray paint by Liquitex, white paint pen by Sharpie, Masking tape by Frogtape 


Here is a quick still action video I made on how I created this piece. I had so much fun making this but man did it take a lot of photos lol If you have any questions please feel free to ask. 




The original piece is now available on Etsy here.

If you try out this technique even if it's as simple as a few squiggles on a canvas, I would love to see it!!


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog; have a wonderful and creative week.

Jamie D.

www.jamiedoughertydesigns.com

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING!! Loved the video and I can only imagine how long it would have taken to not only take all those photos but then put it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. effing amazing!!! you rock woman...the end! Love your work ;)

    ReplyDelete