Thursday, July 2, 2015

Somewhere in Time with Emily



Hey Everyone! Courteney here! 
I hope all my Bloom peeps are enjoying the summer so far. It's raining here today but it is much needed. This month I decided to switch it up a bit and bring some of my Altered work to the blog. I had a lot of fun creating this piece and I hope you enjoy!!!




Step 1 
Taking a Tim Holtz Metal Clock I removed both bells, legs, glass front and metal back piece.


Step 2
Taking Bo Bunny's "Somewhere in Time" paper line I ripped the paper in to small piece, then took Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink, I distressed all edges of each ripped piece. Then taking my Matt Gel Medium I started gluing each piece onto the clock covering the entire clock. 

 Step 3
After the clock was completely covered I re-assembled the bells, legs and glass front. 

Step 4
Taking the Metal back piece I completely covered the with the same piece of paper I used to cover the clock. Fussy cutting out 2 hot air balloons and a clock from the same paper line I pop dotted them onto the back. The paper line also came with a sticker page so I added a scallop circle and placed matching jewels on each scallop. Then I placed the piece back onto the clock. 


Step 5
Next my favourite step coloring the always stunning Bloom Girl!!! Bloom Girl Emily was perfect for this piece I love her Steampunk glasses and her hair is just so fun to color!!!!! Coloring most of her with my copic markers (skin and hair) and using my watercolour pencils for her eyes, lips, hair ties and jewel. A Gold pen for her glasses and remainder of necklace.


Step 6
Taking my Gold pen I colored any remaining silver of my Clock. (Legs & handle)
Than I glued Emily into place having her match up perfectly at the bottom, using an exact-o knife to cut off anything but her hair from hang down passed the bottom of clock.
In the Bo Bunny paper line there is a sheet that is all different types of pipe's, how perfect for my Stempunk Clock. Grabbing my scissors I fussy cut out several different pieces and popped dotted them be hide and around Emily!! Placing them all around the clock.

Step 7
Fussy cutting out some clocks and a hot air balloon I tucked them in around
Emily. I glued on a beautifully matching Prima flower and made a
cute little steampunk bee from Prima's Stamp-n-Moth Wing Set.  
 






Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you all enjoyed!!
Xoxo
Courteney Gibson
https://poshcreates.wordpress.com/

Supply List
980306- Bloom Girl Emily
892517- Stamp-n-Moth Wing
565848- Labelle Ocean Flower
Tim Holtz Clock
Bo Bunny Somewhere in time paper line
Bo Bunny Somewhere in time double dots.

 










No comments:

Post a Comment