Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Sunshine and Goldie!!!!!




Hey Everyone! Courteney here! 
The BEST thing about August is......... it's NEW release time. Boo ya!!! I am so excited and blown away, Jamie has done it again with some of the most creative and stunning stamps this release!!!!!!! I seriously can't even pick my favorite, they are all MUST have's. Today my inspiration was Jamie's NEW Bloom Girl "Goldie" she is all ready for summer and in the bright sun shine. I love her.

I was out shopping at Ikea just looking around when I came across this cool metal display plate and it reminded me of sun shine, so of course I had to get it. LOL! It's was a great price $6.99CND so really how could I go wrong. Here's how I Bloomed it up!!!! I hope you enjoy and play along!!!!





Step 1
Embossing!!!! Yup that's right the often forgotten but always fun technique works on metal!!!!!!! ***(WARNING: Metal gets SUPER hot)***
Taking my Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Squeezed Lemonade
I tapped it all along the outside rim of the plate adding Lindys Stamp Gang Scotch Broom Yellow             Embossing powder and heating with my heat tool. Only doing small sections at a time so my embossing powder stuck well. Turned out o bright and amazing.





Step 2
Color Bloom spray extravaganza!!!
Starting with my lightest color I sprayed spots in the center of my plate then drying with my heat gun. Color Bloom Sunshine first, Sorbet second and Glided third.
*** (WARNING: Metal gets SUPER hot)***





Step 3
Taking Jamie's circle stencil, black permanent ink and small sponge I added Black rays in each size in the middle of plate. Then taking a baby wipe and the small ray circle on the stencil I wiped away some color here and there around the inside of plate.






Step 4
Next and always my favorite part I colored Jamie's NEW Bloom Girl "Goldie" I stamped her onto Jamie's water color paper, then using a mix of Copics ( hair & skin) and Faber-Castell Aquarelle watercolor pencil crayon's (everything else) I colored her up. Once she was dry I cut her out.
Using Jamie's Circle stencil again I traced out serval rays onto watercolor paper and cut them out. Spraying some of them with my color bloom sprays used on the background and some I just coloured black. 






Step 5
So after stepping back and taking a closer look I decided my plate was way to YELLOW!!! Lol! I needed something to break it up. So taking a black acrylic paint I carefully painted the inside lip of the plate. (The part between the top edge and the bottom)
It worked! Thank goodness!!!!
 



Step 6
Layering! Layering! Layering! Sun Ray after Sun Ray! I cut most of them in 1/2 so I didn't have to make a million!!!
 Then taking a small tag cutout from Prima's Free Spirit paper line and a small piece of black card stock I pop dotted "Goldie" making her stand out more amongst all the layers.



 

Step 7
Just a few finishing touches adding Prima's "say it in Crystals" to the Center of 2 rays making them look like flowers. Adding some Prima leaves. I glossy accented the sun and rays on "Glodies" stamp. Then last but not least covering "Goldie" with a piece of paper towel, I splashed/sprinkled black acrylic paint all around the project.





Finished Project



Thank you so much everyone for stopping by,
 I hope you enjoyed my project and are inspired to play along!
xoxoxox
Courteney Gibson
 https://poshcreates.wordpress.com/


Supply List
980504- Bloom Girl Goldie
980429- Circles Stencil
980269- A4 Watercolor paper pad
573775- Sunshine Color Bloom Spray
573874- Sorbet Color Bloom Spray
573911- Glided Color Bloom Spray
579401- Timeless Memories Say it in Crystals 
574574- Cartographer Leaves
571917- Florella Flower Green Leaves






 

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous sunny project! It definitely has that feel good factor. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Courteney - I stock those at IKEA - awesome project
    Pam

    ReplyDelete