Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Spring" Configuration Box

I am so over winter! I needed a little pick me up so I decided to decorate a Tim Holz Configurations box. I had flowers on the brain. I love planting annuals and seeing all of the color in the yard. So I filled every open space with a little Prima goodness :)



The box was altered with book pages and Beacon Fast Finish Decopage. I love that is a liquid instead of a paste. It goes on with less mess and dries quicker. Once it was all dry I inked it with Tim Holtz Distress inks.

The tree is made out of Polymer Clay. I baked it in the oven and then painted it with Golden liquid acrylic paints The leaves are made out of heavy matte Gel and paint and the grass is made with Coarse Pumice gel and paint. The Pumice gel has an awesome gritty texture to it. It's one of my favorite textured gels. I stole a tire off one of Quentin's toy cars. Believe me he will NOT miss it. The kid has enough cars to choke a horse. A little copper wire and it made the perfect swing. :) Living in the country we always had a tree swing. And many bruised bums from trying to do crazy tricks on them lol

My little frog prince needed a pond , and it reminded me of the water and river season. I used Gallery Glass to create the water. It's a glass paint you can find in any Michaels. It's used for fake stain glass. I painted the backgrounds of most of the boxes with Bienfang Watercolor pens. They are so easy and conviniant

I used Martha Stewart Micro beads to fill my little seed bottle.

I seldom do this but I love the smell of sheets that have been hung out to dry. It's a sign that spring and nice weather are here. I made the backdrop out of blue Micro beads and Liquid pearls. There is also a little Maya Road tree in the background.

Spring and summer also means I get to leave the door open and let the breeze and fresh air in. The screen door is my friend. I made the door out of Prima packaging and some fiber screen.

And there wouldn't be spring without all of the song birds out. I have a large feeder right in front of our window. Love to watch all of the finches and sparrows come and eat.

I added a Tim Holtz watch face to signify time and made the banner out of wood paper and colored them with watercolors. I adhered them with Beacon Fabri-Tac.


I made my little flower garden out of Maya Road pins and Prima Flowers. I bent the pin heads and glued the flowers on. The soil is Tim Holtz Distress Stickles.


Thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope this brightens your day as much as it has mine.

Hugs

Jamie

6 comments:

  1. I cannot even tell you how much I love love love this!!! Wow- girl you outdid yourself. This is the most beautiful thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie I found you from the California Scrappers group on FB. Your box is beautiful, love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Soon as I saw this, I feel in Love. Let me tell You I'm SO READY for Spring! This is Simply Stunning! Thanks for Sharing (:
    ♥Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your attention to all the little details are simply amazing. You have such creative ideas, I LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Jamie! i love love love that tree! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete