Thursday, February 5, 2015

A "Sirena" Splash with Courteney

WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! I am truly over the moon!!! So very excited!!!! My first Bloom Girl post as a full member of  the Design Team. Yaaaaaaa!!!! I really tried to make this project semi simple and fun so everyone could try it at home, play with some Bloom Girls and get messy! So let's get down to business and play. I did this project on a 8 1/2 x 11 canvas board, stamping the beautiful "Sirena" right in the center of my canvas with permanent ink.


 Using two of my favorite Color Bloom sprays Sorbet and Summer Sky I sprayed, spritzed and dripped all over the canvas (trying not to cross colors to much). I covered "Sirena" face with a paper towel to keep from spraying or dripping on it. Using my light moulding paste and Jamie's NEW amazing "Anenome" stencil, I stenciled in the flowers picking where I wanted them and drying lightly with my heat gun.



Next I wrapped a piece of Jute around the canvas 3 times tying the ends together on the left hand side of the canvas curling the ends with my fingers and gluing them into place. Then I started adding the embellishments some sea shells, Prima flowers, leaves and the always beautiful Prima "say it in crystals". I colored  "Sirena's" lips, cheeks and the shells in her hair with water color pencil crayons, I added Gold pearl pen to the beads in her hair and glossy accented all the bubbles to make them pop. Last but not least each NEW Bloom guy & girl comes with there own unique saying, stamping in permanent ink on the bottom right hand side of the page just added the extra touch I was looking for. 






I hope you all enjoyed my project and got some inspiration to try it at home!! Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to see what you create!!! Xoxo

Courteney McMillan-Gibson
https://poshcreates.wordpress.com
List of Prima Products Used
 980344- Bloom Girl "Sirena"
980368- "Anenome" 6x6 Stencil
573874- Sorbet Color Bloom Spray
573867- Summer Sky Color Bloom Spray
565855- Labelle Island Mix Flowers
563639- Say It In Crystals


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love all the texture and embellishments around the stamp. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she turned out so lovely, Courteney!! The subtle coloring is so perfect for this stamp and I just love how you used the stencil. Perfection. ♥

    ReplyDelete