Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Day of the Dead Fun!!!!!


Hello Everyone! Courteney here! I hope everyone had an amazing National Scrapbook day/weekend! I know I did! Between cleaning up non-stop after two crazy little men I did manage to get in a few hours of crafting. If you had a chance to stop by the blog on Saturday you got to see this project finished, but for your inspiration here is the step by step! I hope you enjoy and craft along!!!!!

Step 1



Stamping the NEW Catrina Bloom Girl Stamp with black ink. I colored her and the roses with a mix of Copic Markers and Water Color pencil crayons. Also stamping just the Rose's onto an extra white piece of paper and onto Prima's NEW Belle Rouge-Sauvignon Roses designer paper. 

Step 2



Fussy cutting out inner layers of Roses and pop dotting them on the roses around Catrina, adding dimension to each rose.
Step 3

 
Taking a piece of Black card stock and Jamie's stunning NEW 6 x 12 Ricket Stencil, I traced each strip with a blue pencil crayon. Coloring each strip in as I went. Then flipping the Stencil upside down and matching it up for the other half of the black card stock. I loved how it turned out.
Step 4  
 





Next I used Prima's NEW 12x12 Paintables, cutting out the frame and surrounding leaves. Leaving the inside of the frame white but coloring the leaves.

Step 5


Using Heavy Matt Gel I glued down the Paintables frame and Catrina.
 Note: 
I did not glue down the outside rose's or the leaves as I wanted them to curl and pop of the page. 

Step 6




Next I added my photo and colored the outside of my Paintables frame.
 Adding more fussy cut and pop dotted roses, around both my photo and the bottom of my Bloom Girl Catrina.
Then "Say it in Crystals" on the bottom half of my stenciled back ground adding them about every inch along the blue strips.
 Then last but not least adding Prima's new amazing 3D vellum butterflies. 

Close Up's


 



Thank you so much everyone for stopping by!!!!!!
xoxo



Supplies
980290 - Catrina Bloom Girl
980405 - 6 x 12 Stencil-Ricket
602406 - Painables
845780 - Texture Paper Pad - Basic
565077 - Say it in Crystals - Crystal Sheet
580377 - Butterflies













No comments:

Post a Comment