You know Mother's Day is fast approaching and a handmade gift really pulls at the heart strings. This small and simple home decor piece would be the perfect gift for that fun and eclectic mom.
How to Create:
1. Using a canvas panel take matte gel medium and collage patterned paper to the canvas. Allow this layer to dry.
2. To dull down the background take a light wash of white gesso over the surface, you can also add a soft watercolor wash over the gesso. I used a walnut color to antique the background.
3. Now using the Sweet Pea two layer stencil take your favorite acrylic paint and sponge the bottom layer of your flower onto the canvas. Make sure this layer is completely dry before continuing.
4. Line up your stencil so that the outline layer is positioned over your first layer. Using a palette knife lightly spread a layer of heavy black gesso through the stencil.
5. With a black ink pad add a fun or sentimental saying to your canvas. On this canvas I used the word stamp on the Lacie stamp set.
6. Last but not least, shop your local thrift stores and find a nice frame that will complement your new work of art.
NOW onto a few layouts to inspire you on this national Scrapbook Day!!! Below you will see some of my most favorite layouts by our Bloom Girl Creative Team.
Next we have this hauntingly beautiful layout by Courteney.
Courteney will be sharing a tutorial on this blog on Tuesday so make sure you check back for all the info!!!
This last piece isn't a layout but Lisa has used some fun techniques that would be perfect to add to any layout! You can even watch her detailed video HERE>
Thank you for joining us for the Prima blog hop and I hope you have a creative, inspired day today as you enjoy all of what Prima has in store.