Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tattoo Couture with Milagros our new Bloom Girl

Hello everyone. Jamie here and I would like to introduce you to the newest Bloom girl on our Creative Team. Please give her a warm welcome. 

Hi Bloom Girls, I'm Milagros your host today and I'm also the new girl here!
 Yes I'm still pinching myself, blown away by the chance to be part of this amazing team of
 talented ladies!
This week Prima is showcasing the Floral stamp and I'm guilty of calling all the stamps my faves
 but hey they are! So I'm using the floral with one of the girls.   I have had in my brain this idea, ever since I first saw Lacie, of working a lace dress with her tattoo.
Here's my finished piece and then will break it apart into steps!
To "sew" my dress I stamped the tattooed arm several times and then cut and pasted all the pieces to fit.  I thought it would go nice with her ensemble to make a cute little hat to match so I used the remaining pieces in her head.
here's the breakdown
as you can see I used bits of washi tape as my
'basting" tool.
now for the hardware


and the nitty gritty with your girl

give your wood piece a gesso coat
stamp, emboss and cut your army of florals, hey if you are embossing you might as well emboss a whole sheet of 12 x 12 vellum and have them handy for other projects.  The blooms move so well when you wet them and give a perfect touch to a quick card!

I wanted some texture to move my paint around so I used the Spark stencil,
it had the perfect scale for my project

this is how it looks like

after painting my girl with the Prima watercolor pencils
 (The Basics & Julie Nutting skin and hair)
I started to give a wash of pink to my background

then I used some nice shimmer with the mica powder on her and on my background

this is how she looked like before adding the hardware, I think she looks so pretty

I enlisted my little one for this photos, before hammering my piece I found it is better to pierce some guiding hole for your nails, it makes it so much easier

and voila here's your finished project ready to grace your scrap room, entry way or wherever you fancy some good company!

 Of course she needed some chandelier earrings, remnants of my die cut hardware!

Thank you so much for being my audience and hope I have inspired you to try something new today with your Bloom Girls!!!!

Milagros

Supplies used
Bloom Girls Floral Stamp
Bloom Girls Lacie Stamp
Bloom Girls Spark Stencil
Art Ingredients Mica Powder in Pink
Art Ingredients Micro Beads in Pink
Prima Watercolor Pencils (The Basics,  Julie Nutting skin & hair )
Art Basics Modeling Paste and 3 D Gloss gel
Archival Ink in Jet Black
Wood Canvas
Metal, Die Cutting Machine, Dies, Embossing Folder

8 comments:

  1. Love your wall piece and all the elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing your creative process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia, hard trying to organize my creative process, LOL,my projects sometimes have a mind of their own!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous work. I love the contrast of the metal pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hope it inspired you to try it!

      Delete
  4. Me fascina muchas veces!! Orgullosa de mi amiga y de sus logros! Go Milly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Amiga por el apoyo, no puedo esperar a que la Veas en persona!!!

      Delete